Android Software Engineer
- Lausanne, Switzerland
MindMaze is the world’s leading Neurotechnology startup built on more than a decade of pioneering research at the intersection of virtual reality and neuroscience. MindMaze breakthrough platform combines virtual & augmented reality, neuroscience and AI to build intuitive human machine interfaces. MindMaze products help patients suffering from severe disabilities following a neurological incident.
In early 2018, MindMaze acquired Intento (www.Intento.ch). Intento is an EPFL spin-off bringing complementary technology to MindMaze. Intento is developing a solution for the rehabilitation of severely paralyzed stroke patients based on functional electrical stimulation.
Join our eclectic mix of scientists, physicists, engineers and clinicians, and grow with MindMaze.
Intento is looking for an exceptional software engineer to develop components of a medical-grade Android tablet application. In this position, you will own the development of the tablet application, managing the technical life-cycle of this software product. You will work in strict collaboration with the rest of the team to manage requirements, development, testing, and releasing of the product on schedule.
Skills that we look out for are among
- Strong Android development expertise, 3+ years
- Experience debugging Android apps
- Experience with MVP and dependency injection
- Strong sense of UI aesthetic and understanding of good UX design practice
- Used to work with GIT and continuous integration tools
- Good technical writing skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English (level B2 or higher)
Ideally you have
- A Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Knowledge of one or more is a plus: Dagger, ButterKnife, Mockito, RoboElectric, Firebase, GreenDao, SQLcipher, retrofit, RxJava, Guava
- An agile mindset with experience working within a SCRUM team
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new frameworks and technologies
- A deep personal motivation to work in the medical/assistive devices field
- High personal code standards (code reviews with peers, unit testing, documentation)
- Experience in medical software development, according to IEC 62304
- Experience with the Bluetooth/Bluetooth Low Energy stack
Icing on the cake
- You have C/C++ coding experience
- You never, never give up
What’s in it for you
- You will be part of a highly motivated, effective team in an international, dynamic and diverse environment, where your personal learning will be highly valued
- You will contribute to a product with the potential to improve several folds the efficacy of current care after stroke and improve quality of life of thousands of stroke survivors
- You will be part of a supportive culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do, in a friendly environment