Applied Neuro-Engineering - Internship
- Lausanne, Switzerland
MindMaze is the world’s leading Neurotechnology start-up built on more than a decade of pioneering research at the intersection of virtual reality and neuroscience. Our breakthrough platform combines virtual & augmented reality, neuroscience and AI to build intuitive human machine interfaces. Our first products help patients suffering from severe disabilities following a neurological incident.
Join our eclectic mix of scientists, physicists, engineers and clinicians to help change the world.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to contribute to one of MindMaze’s key neuroscience R&D projects over a period ranging from 6 to 9 months. A master thesis can be combined with a regular internship.
This project focuses on a Mixed Reality (MR) pain management application that integrates biofeedback. As part of a dedicated team you will be involved in the three main components: 1) software development: implementing a VR/AR application on Android; 2) signal processing: integrating physiological data from wearable sensors; 3) smart objects: interfacing and interacting with peripherals (IoT).
You will join our Neuroscience team, working closely with Clinical Specialists and the Engineering department. You will focus on:
- Reviewing relevant literature on the use of AI, Virtual Reality and biological/neuro-feedback in the neurorehabilitation and pain management
Software engineering and signal processing
- Developing an interactive AR/VR environment for mobile platforms.
- Streaming, processing, and integrating physiological data from wearable sensors.
- Analysing data collected from pilot studies.
- Writing documentation and reports
To support you, MindMaze will:
- Provide a collaborative work environment
- Provide mentoring
- Allow flexible employment terms and conditions
Skills that we look out for
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Life Sciences, or equivalent
- Experience and interest in programming (C/C++/C#/Python and Unity)
- Experience and interest in programming on mobile platforms (Android)
- Working knowledge of biological signal processing
- Knowledge of existing XR content
- Minimum B2 level of English
Skills that make a difference
- Previous experience in real-time Mixed Reality solutions;
- B2 level of French
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication;
- A natural curiosity for new frameworks and technologies;
- A deep personal motivation to work in the medical / assistive devices field
To be successful you can illustrate the fact that you have the following abilities:
- Working autonomously: setting tasks and direction under limited supervision
- Oral and written communication: ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; ability to get messages across that have the desired effect
- Self-Development: personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; works with a growth mindset
- Planning accurately: setting objectives and goals; breaking down work into the process steps; anticipating and adjusting to problems and roadblocks