- 10955 Blackhawk Dr, Blue Mounds, WI 53517, USA
Midwestern BioAg (MBA) is an innovative, sustainable-agriculture, soil-fertility company that is an industry leader in biological agriculture, with core facilities in 8 states. We take pride in helping our customers increase farm productivity and profitability while reducing the environmental impacts of their operations. Founded in 1983, we use a transformative, systems-approach to soil health. In 2017 the company opened a new division that manufactures TerraNu; a breakthrough product that will expand the company’s reach and allow for more scalable growth.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative and highly-motivated individual who can share our passion and contribute to our overall success.
The Marketing Coordinator functions as the department’s administrative support; coordinating meetings, logistics and serving as a liaison for internal and external clients.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Provides administration support to coordinate marketing tasks, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
· Hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing logistics, including event production through booth scheduling and shipping, collateral coordination and ordering supplies & premiums.
· Responsible for tracking all marketing invoices and expenses against budget for approval and auditing against purchase orders, delivery documents, reports from Accounting, and others as necessary.
· Reports regularly on financial/budget status for applicable marketing projects and events/meetings.
· Responsible for managing inventory and fulfillment of promotional items for internal and external customers. Manages marketing displays and materials.
· Responsible for coordinating and managing external speakers’ meetings, training weeks, tradeshows, employee appreciation events and others as requested. Collaborates with management to coordinate events when necessary.
· In coordination with corporate leadership organizes all aspects of events including: site selection; contract negotiation; budgeting; audio visual; food and beverage planning; transportation; pre-registration; attendee management and security; vendor management; and all logistics.
· Assist with management, sales, and other internal/external stakeholders in the planning and execution of companywide marketing strategies and campaigns including document development, and design. Coordinate with internal and external resources as business needs dictate.
· Provide administrative support for the company website.
· Provide support on marketing projects and tasks as business needs dictate.
· All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree marketing, communications, or related field; and
· 3+ years in marketing related position, preferably in agriculture industry; or
· Equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience with company social media management
· Previous experience marketing agriculture products or services is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Valid drivers’ license and ability to drive a vehicle
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to haul equipment with Company vehicles, including occasional trailer use.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write marketing materials with high-level grammar and proofreading abilities.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to establish professional relationships internally and externally across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative software.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to generate accurate data and marketing collateral.
· Customer Focus: Builds effective relationships (internal and external), identifies customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical recommendations.
· Ethics and Integrity: Possesses a strong set of core values and beliefs consistent with social, ethical, and organizational principles. Confronts unethical situations.
· Personal Accountability: Accepts responsibility for own actions, including failure. Embraces experiences as learning opportunities and not chances to blame.
· Proactive Approach: Develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points, and time estimates.
· Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information, identified goals, explores and selects solutions, implements an action plan, and evaluates risks.
· Results Oriented: Drives behavior to emphasize achievement. Self-directed toward accomplishment. Is action oriented. Likes challenges. Pursues opportunities. Consistently high achieving.
· Stewardship: Values other and their perspectives; extends self beyond self-interest; promotes the common good and exercises decision-making consistent with organizational values; engages in appreciative inquiry and a spirit of caring.
· Innovation: Generates new ideas and approaches to enhance the organization’s systems, products, or effectiveness.
· Humor: Uses appropriate humor to maintain a positive environment.
· Organizational Knowledge; uses organization’s formal and information relationships and power structures, possesses the ability to operate successfully within the parameters of that culture
· Technical Skills: Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards. Remains current regarding developments and trends in areas of expertise.
· Time Management: Allocates time efficiently to the most important issues and knows what not to spend time on; completes work in a timely fashion.
· Planning; develops a path to a desired outcome including sequence, feedback points and time estimates
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements The working conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional travel required, including overnight.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of general business hours, especially during busy seasons.
- Frequently required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, typical of an office setting.
- Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent use of computer equipment including long hours of viewing computer screens, keyboarding and mousing.
MBA is an equal opportunity employer.
To view this and other employment opportunities at Midwestern BioAg, please visit our website at www.midwesternbioag.com and select the CAREERS link at the bottom of the page.