Join Our Team at Mid Atlantic Arts: Ignite Your Passion for Artistic Expression!
Are you eager to be part of an organization that champions artistic creativity and connects communities through meaningful arts experiences? Look no further! Mid Atlantic Arts, situated in the city of Baltimore, Maryland, is a dynamic force in providing grant support and diverse multi-state programming throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
Why Mid-Atlantic Arts?
At Mid Atlantic Arts, we believe in the power of the arts to inspire, connect, and transform. As one of the six regional arts organizations in the United States, we play a pivotal role in fostering and funding the creation and presentation of artistic expression. Our collaborative efforts with the National Endowment for the Arts and its member state and jurisdictional arts agencies allow us to make a lasting impact on both our region and beyond.
Job Opportunity: Accounting Manager
Are you ready to be a key player in a team dedicated to supporting artistic expression and creating impactful art experiences? Mid Atlantic Arts is excited to welcome an enthusiastic and experienced Accounting Manager to join our organization. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Human Resources, this role is instrumental in managing day-to-day accounting and finance functions while ensuring compliance with accounting standards, financial policies, and procedures.
What We Offer:
- Full-Time Position: You'll be an integral part of our team, reporting directly to the Director of Finance and Human Resources.
- Competitive Salary: The salary range for this position is $73,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Enjoy a full range of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, AD&D, Retirement, Paid Parental Leave, Vacation/Sick/Holiday Leave, and Professional Development opportunities.
- Dynamic Work Environment: Join a passionate team committed to making a difference through the arts.
- Work How You Thrive: This is a Hybrid/Remote! (Preferred: Baltimore/DC Area): Embrace the freedom to work in a way that suits you best! This position offers a dynamic hybrid/remote work arrangement, allowing you to strike the perfect balance between professional excellence and personal well-being. While we welcome talent from the Mid-Atlantic area, we have a soft spot for candidates in the vibrant Baltimore/DC area. Join us and let your career flourish, all while enjoying the flexibility of a hybrid work environment!
- Manage the financial accounting activities of the organization, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
- Perform a monthly close of financial records including account reconciliations.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Human Resource in ensuring compliance with all payroll tax jurisdictions.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, budgets, and financial reports to inform decision making and support organizational objectives. Other stakeholders include funders, Board of Directors, and Committees.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure financial information is accurate and up to date.
- Evaluate financial systems and controls to identify areas for improvement and implement changes as necessary.
- Prepare worksheets and other materials related to the annual audit.
- Provide financial reports as requested by the Development office.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and financial forecasts.
- Maintain Mid Atlantic Arts’ Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Perform routine accounting procedures, including managing cash flow.
- Provide orientation to staff on the processes and procedures of the accounting system.
- Participate in organizational efforts including appropriate workshops and professional development opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in business or accounting, or equivalent in work experience.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a non-profit environment with federal and private foundation funding sources.
- Deep understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, including revenue recognition, accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Understanding and experience with grantmaking programs and complying with donor restrictions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with multiple constituents including colleagues, funding partners, and board members.
- Team player with enthusiasm for taking on tasks both large and small.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with ability to anticipate, initiate, and advance multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel, Word, and other office suite products.
- Experience processing payroll using services such as Paychex, ADP, etc.
- Experience using modern accounting software systems, preference for Sage Intacct.
- Video Conferencing: Basic proficiency in conducting meetings and events via Zoom, Teams, or other video conferencing technology.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, Mid Atlantic Arts provides employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or any status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Mid Atlantic Arts is committed to building an inclusive working environment that supports a diverse community of staff and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
To learn more, visit www.midatlanticarts.org.