MicroStrategy Senior Consultants empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, Consultants work to understand business needs and technical requirements, and design and implement high value solutions in the MicroStrategy platform. MicroStrategy Consultants are an integral part of the world's largest staff of MicroStrategy Certified Engineers and leverage knowledge and best practices across our global team for customer success.
This position would be highly suited for a skilled, senior BI consultant who is looking for the next step in her/his career and wants to take on more challenges and responsibility. Hands-on experience with creating advanced MicroStrategy Schema is a must. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between MicroStrategy and main stakeholders in our customers
- Delivers billable consulting services. Efforts may be directed toward various MicroStrategy and / or supporting products and services. Services may include: product installation, project design and implementation, MicroStrategy Schema development
- Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which he or she is assigned
- Connects project outcomes with customers' overall vision and MicroStrategy account strategy
- Participates in implementation activities
- Leverages technical competence and implementation experience to develop functional and technical application design skills
- Develops customer relationship and expectation management skills by independently working with customers
- Provides support to the Services management team, helping to scope and estimate the engagement
- Communicates effectively with team members both internally and with customers
- Shares expertise and experience with junior team members
- May be given responsibility as a team coach on small teams of up to 8 members, leading and mentoring their more junior colleagues
- Seeks opportunities through project work to develop rapport and working relationship with external customers.
- Applies methodology effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Demonstrates influence towards positive outcomes, internally and externally with customers
- Works within an internal sphere of influence typically bounded by project or regional activities
- Supports the team taking ideas from concept through full deployment
- Leverages MicroStrategy best practices for service delivery
- Develops an awareness of the competitive landscape including key differentiators and competitive positioning
- Actively participates in internal knowledge-sharing forums
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
- 2-3 years of hands-on MicroStrategy experience
- Fluent in creating and modelling advanced MicroStrategy Schema layers, including setting up joins, hierarchies, logical tables etc.
- MicroStrategy SDK experience would be advantageous
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Programming or systems development experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Staffing to local projects wherever possible, however field consultants can expect periods and assignments of up to 75 - 80% travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.