Bitcoin Lightning Software Engineer
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity fresh ideas and be a part of technology innovation at its best.
The Role: As a Bitcoin Lightning Software Engineer at MicroStrategy, you will build a Lightning Network-based SaaS platform, providing enterprises with innovative solutions to cyber-security challenges and enabling new eCommerce use-cases.
- Experience building software solutions leveraging Bitcoin Blockchain and Lightning Network, or other Decentralized Finance (DeFi) technologies
- Contribution to Bitcoin Core, lnd, and other crypto and large open source projects a plus
- Experience building secure, highly scalable, and available cloud solutions; advanced AWS and similar certifications a plus
- Experience with containers and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes; CKAD certification a plus
- Deep understanding of software security concepts and best practices; an adversarial mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science/Engineering a plus
- Minimum 2+ years software development experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in development on Linux, MacOS, and/or Mobile platforms
- Excellent object-oriented design, development, and debugging skills
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, distributed systems, and other fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools preferred
- Possess the ability to be process-driven with an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Team-oriented individual, energetic, result and delivery oriented
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.