Sales Associate (Rotational Program)
Sales Associate - Sales Associate Rotation Program
- Tysons Corner, VA
- Hybrid remote/in-office
MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is the largest independent publicly traded analytics and business intelligence company. The MicroStrategy analytics platform is consistently rated as the best in enterprise analytics and is used by many of the world’s most admired brands in the Fortune Global 500. We pursue two corporate strategies: (1) grow our enterprise analytics software business to promote our vision of Intelligence Everywhere and (2) acquire and hold bitcoin, which we view as a dependable store of value supported by a robust, public, open-source architecture untethered to sovereign monetary policy.
MicroStrategy is pleased to offer the opportunity to join our Sales Associate Rotation Program (SARP), providing a two-year developmental experience that readies participants for a variety of Sales roles within our organization. All members of the SARP will start on our Business Development team, during which time they will learn the fundamentals of prospecting and the initial phases of the sales cycle, mentored by a dedicated MicroStrategy Sales Executive. Following successful completion, participants will be given the opportunity to choose their second-year rotation with either our (1) Customer Success or (2) Revenue Operations teams. At the conclusion of the program, successful participants will have the opportunity to explore roles within Field Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Operations.
In your tour as a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for conducting Strategic Business Development to new targets within both prospect and existing accounts, with the objective of introducing/positioning MicroStrategy’s products and services to key decision-makers to drive activity through the initial phases of the sales cycle, and to create marketing qualified leads for the sales force. This will include conducting presentations and participating in demos with prospects and often be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive or MicroStrategy senior management executive. Other activities could include:
- Outbound Business Development - conduct Outbound Strategic Business Development in concert/communication with Account Executives
- Create qualified leads for the sales force. This will often, but not always, be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive.
- Inbound Business Development
- Conduct Strategic Business Development as part of follow-up with prospects who have responded to our Marketing Activities (Events & Tradeshows, Webcasts, Ads, Collateral on our website, Software Evals, etc.) with the objective of creating marketing qualified leads for the sales force.
- Interact regularly with all areas of Marketing and Sales, including Marketing Operations team, to discuss the lead qualification process, and recommend improvements.
As a MicroStrategy Customer Success Manager (CSM), you will have a unique opportunity to manage a portfolio of customers with the goal of increasing product usage and overall adoption.
- Develop strong customer relationships that enable MicroStrategy to become a trusted advisor to our customers
- Execute programs to ensure that MicroStrategy is fully aware of the customer's adoption level, value realization, and overall satisfaction with the technology solution(s)
- Work with the product management and product development (technology) organization to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases of the product(s)
- Collaborate with Sales Account Management and executives to identify areas of solution expansion and adoption opportunities
The primary goal of our Revenue Operations team is to provide general support of the Worldwide Sales Operations function and support sales management in HQ.
- Develop effective communication plan and mechanisms to deliver information on performance relative to forecast and KPIs
- Work with key stakeholders to improve sales processes, including qualification, and opportunity management
- Review and analyze solutions by working with Sales, Sales Management, Legal and Revenue Recognition.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of MicroStrategy’ s licensing model, and pricing, to provide quoting support to our worldwide sales teams
- Provide sales system support to the global sales organization.
- Build Dashboards and Reports using MSTR tools to support our Management to monitor and take decisions about specific topic.
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required with two years' experience preferred
- Strong telephone and prospecting (cold calling) skills
- Understanding of enterprise software/B2B high tech industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Goal-oriented, highly confident, self-motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptable to new challenges
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.