The Role: The Sales Director is responsible for revenue generation through the development and management of a direct sales organization.
- Manage 5-8 sales professionals
- Sell MicroStrategy Business Intelligence software products and services to new and existing clients
- Identify and properly qualify business opportunities
- Present business solutions at the executive level
- Lead Negotiations and overcome objections for deal closure
- Manage complex sales cycles and multiple engagements simultaneously
- Work with sales consultants to discover, identify, and meet customer requirements
- Prepare accurate sales forecasts and sales cycle reporting via Salesforce.com
- Provide project management to ensure the success of the potential or current clients
- Leverage and enhance partner relationships to drive additional value and revenue
- Identify marketing events & campaigns to generate revenue for the team
- Continually identify development needs and prepare development plan for members of the team
- Prepare and execute on a yearly business plan for the team
- Review strategic account plans for “top 5%” of MicroStrategy’s most strategic accounts
- Attract and retain key team members to support business growth goal
Required Experience and Skills:
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- Successful experience at new account development or large account management
- At least 5 years professional selling experience in technology sales
- At least 7 years of management experience
- Excellent Communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- High levels of social perceptiveness and customer service
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- Self-drive, motivated, and results oriented
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- General knowledge of RDBMS, OLAP, client/server, and Web/Internet technologies
- Experience and training in a value-based enterprise sales methodology (Solution Selling, Customer Centric Selling, etc.)
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.