At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best.
The Developer/Technical Lead is responsible for understanding business problems, designing solutions and implementing them the right mix of declarative and coding capabilities on the force.com platform. This role will have day-to-day guidance of our Salesforce technical team and oversees programmatic elements, Integration and Data Management.
The ideal candidate will strong understanding of the Salesforce.com platform, and basic to intermediate understanding of integrations, single sign, security, etc. (Informatica, other ETL tools a huge plus), interest and ability to understand the problem to solve, solution design and critical path to develop. The candidate will have exceptional technical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. This role requires a self-starter, with a bias towards action, who can recognize and make process improvement recommendations. The position requires identifying new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce.com and its database to support additional business processes or functions.
- Responsible for hands-on configuration, design, functionality and end-user support of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Guide the development team on design, implementation, code best practices and troubleshooting of errors.
- Design and develop advanced customizations utilizing Salesforce.com and Force.com.
- Engage with business stakeholders to gather & analyze requirements and propose solutions that leverage Salesforce functionality.
- Translate approved solutions into actionable deliverables, ensuring high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency.
- Responsible for environment management.
- Integrate multiple technologies with Salesforce/Force.com. Troubleshoot multiple integrations with Salesforce.com/Force.com.
- Map functional requirements to Salesforce.com features and functionality.
- Oversee code reviews.
- Support the Business Operations team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes.
- Collaborate with Business Operations, Information Technology and other business stakeholders to drive high levels of data integrity and operational reliability of our standardized business analytics, tools and processes.
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to drive a project from conception to completion, not just execute on an existing plan.
- Able to work independently and lead projects of moderate complexity.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and recommend/implement solutions.
- Proven creativity and problem-solving skills; ability to work around obstacles and solve problems with minimal direction
- Ability to develop effective relationships with business users, technical staff and executive management
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility with a demonstrated ability to embrace change
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of experience developing in the Force.com platform
- Demonstrated experience in developing custom objects, workflows, validation rules, and triggers in SFDC
- Experience with Lightning, Apex programming, Visualforce pages, Integrations with Salesforce.com and Data Loader
- Experience with CPQ or ServiceNow (desired but not required)
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.