Senior Manager, Professional Services
The Role: The Professional Services Manager is a frontline management role with three primary responsibilities: services delivery, personnel management, and revenue generation. The Professional Services Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of consulting services as well as the management of customer engagements. The Professional Services Manager is also responsible for the management of consulting personnel, including staffing and resource management, performance reviews, and career development. This role is responsible for growing revenue in assigned accounts, primarily through effective account and engagement management. The Professional Services Manager typically reports to a Professional Services Director but may receive a matrix assignment to other business units as required.
- Ensures successful delivery of consulting services through effective project, engagement, and customer management
- Personally delivers billable consulting services, primarily in the context of technical project management and team oversight
- Meets assigned revenue targets through growth in assigned accounts and effective utilization of direct reports
- Account ownership and customer relationship management
- Leads the scoping, sizing, and estimating efforts for assigned engagements
- Manages the work of the engagement teams under their direction (e.g. direct, matrix, or subcontractor) to ensure optimal resource utilization and engagement execution
- Assists direct reports in personal and career development by providing regular feedback, coaching, and guidance on personal development
- Participates in recruiting and employee development activities to ensure a balanced team with the right set of skills
- Grows revenue for the assigned region through effective management and expansion of the existing account(s)
- Ensures that all assigned team members have a solid understanding of client business objectives and the plans in place to attain those objectives
- Drives projects, manages issues, risks, schedule, budget, and overall customer success
Required Experience and Skills
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- 8 - 10 years of technical consulting and management experience
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
- Prior experience leading the scoping and delivery of technology services engagements, including project and engagement management
- Ability to drive project-based work and manage tasks, schedules, deliverables, budget, and project risk
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical personnel and processes associated with enterprise software sales and related professional services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and retain consultants
- Effective communication skills at all organizational levels, including written, oral, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to function in dynamic environments, whether leading or following
- We do not sponsor candidates for H-1B visas in this role
- Expect 50% or more travel
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.