Senior Information Security Engineer
- Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Ideal candidates will be located in Nagpur or within commutable distance, however remote candidates will be considered.
- Support the detection, monitoring and tracking of security vulnerabilities at the application, database, server, workstation and OS levels.
- Support AWS, Azure, and Google cloud operations in securing the public cloud environments.
- Configure and troubleshoot IAM policies, Security Groups, Service Control Policies, Role based access control, and Managed Service Identities.
- Tune-in and configure SIEM performance and events data quality to maximize log correlation efficiency.
- Configure Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) tools, scripts, events, and playbooks.
- Expertise in shell scripting and other programming languages, such as Python and Power Shell.
- Proficiency in understanding and using regular expressions (regex).
- Solid understanding of REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services), HTTP Request Methods.
- Work closely with the compliance team to identify, document and implement various security controls related to NIST, FedRAMP, HiTRUST, and ISO 27001Guide the network and operations teams in implementing security best practices.
- Work with network, and systems engineering teams to promote automation, automated monitoring and administration functionality.
- Implement, and support security solutions including but not limited to Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Log Management, Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Management, Web Content Filtering, Web Application Vulnerability analysis and Configuration Management.
- Develop operational best practice procedural documentation for security operations staff.
- Lead the development and documentation of various systems, policies, procedures, and customer deliverables.
- Research new products and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop detailed project plans, tasks, timelines and provide verbal and written status reports as needed.
- Conduct on-going security assessments, document, track and drive remediation activities to completion.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- Able to work core hours of 12:00pm and 9:00pm IST.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting enterprise level environments.
- Must have a good understanding of the following: Log correlation, SIEM technologies (AlertLogic, ArcSight, Q1 Radar, Log Rhythm, Splunk, etc.), IDS/IPS technologies, Vulnerability Scanners (Nessus, Qualys, etc.) and other related technologies.
- Understanding of common web application vulnerabilities and familiarity with using web application scanning tools such as Burp Suite, ZAP Proxy, Acunetix, etc.
- Understanding of cloud solutions and cloud security best practices in environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements and standards such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, HiTRUST, ISO 27001, SOX, FedRAMP and etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following operating systems: Linux, Windows, or Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of firewall and web filtering technologies.
- Experiences practicing ITIL framework-based processes such as Change, Problem, and Incident management in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to define, document and support systems, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge and experience designing network, system and application security architectures.
- Ability to efficiently handle multiple projects with shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and mitigate risks as well as define architectural solutions.