Senior Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer is a key role within our French office which requires a pre-sales expert with knowledge in Business Intelligence software.
The successful applicant will be accomplished at dealing directly with clients,along with international colleagues to help secure results for a market leading listed (NASDAQ: MSTR) global company.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work as part of a dedicated team to develop innovative and creative new product demonstrations, design new interfaces and presentation configurations.
You will also have the opportunity to deliver demonstrations to customers and provide technical sales support that will win over new prospects. The goal of this team is to ensure a high level of field support so that we can provide the best customer focused sales experience.
MicroStrategy offers a competitive market salary and an unrivaled transparent bonus structure along with a package of benefits.
Develops and delivers outstanding MicroStrategy presentations and demonstrations that range from standard to custom demonstrations. Effectively communicates with key IT and Business decision makers and influencers whether in a formal presentation or a casual conversation. Confident even in tense or adversarial situations. Well prepared, themed value-based approach to all presentations.
- Implements entire suite of MicroStrategy software for custom data engagements (CDEs) and proof-of-concept (POC) scenarios where customers or prospects evaluate in an on-premise or cloud development environment. Supports off-site and/or on-site POC projects and/or CDEs utilising MicroStrategy software to address a customer's business matters
- Develops expertise in MicroStrategy software through product training classes and unsupervised work assignments.
- Provides presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers.
- Arranges and conducts face-to-face client/customer meetings as necessary to support presales activities (e.g., discovery, requirements analysis, presentation/demonstration).
- Generates referrals and leads for MicroStrategy’s Professional Services Organisation.
- Assists with customer RFP proposals.
- Designs, validates, and presents MicroStrategy software solutions.
The position will be based in Paris
Bachelors degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience
Knowledge of Business Intelligence software
Experience in an equivalent role for a technology firm is a major plus
Proven or demonstrably outstanding presentation skills
Self-motivated and responsible in a position that grants autonomy
Ability to understand and satisfy business analytics requirements, translate them into requirements and answer them with appealing and useful data visualisations
Ability to articulate complex topics to novice or technical audience
Ability to translate technical advantages into business benefits
Demonstrable understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and comfort with SQL
Proficiency in technologies which are complementary to MicroStrategy software a plus, particularly: .NET or JSP, Java, UNIX or Linux, Windows, Security, XML/XSL, DHTML
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
CVs should be in English and of no more than 3 pages in length.
They should include figures demonstrating recent sales and/or project sizes. Partner work and business intelligence platform knowledge should be highlighted.