- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
As a Software Engineer at MicroStrategy, you will provide our customers with the most powerful, scalable, and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobility, and security. You play a role in enabling MicroStrategy products to be best-in-breed and optimized for leading organizations to analyze big data and distribute actionable business insight across their enterprise. You will design and build scalable software systems in a high-availability, high-performance programming environment.
- Work within an agile development team and lead at an engineering level the design, development, testing, and debugging of software components and products.
- Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire life cycle of feature development, including input on requirements, designs, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings.
- Take ownership of cross-team issues and product delivery issues including pro-actively communicating across teams to coordinate activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science/Engineering a plus
- Minimum 2+ years software development experience in an Agile environment
- Experience in development on Windows, Linux, MacOS, and/or Mobile platforms
- Strong object-oriented design, development, and debugging skills
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and other fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools preferred
- Possess the ability to be process-driven with an ability to pay close attention to detail
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sex age, genetic information, or any other legally-protected basis.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.