Quality Engineer, Senior
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
The Role: Quality Engineers play an integrated role with Software Engineers to build the next generation of Business Intelligence platforms at MicroStrategy. You’ll partner with software engineers in an Agile Software Development environment to deliver Secure and Mobile analytics solutions to our customers and own the quality assurance of a world-class product.
- Execute software quality and test cases for new features across the MicroStrategy suite of products.
- Build and maintain automation suites for testing with tools like Protractor, Cucumber, Jasmine, Spectron, and other cutting-edge automation tools.
- Validate and verify large-scale test results to ensure MicroStrategy products continue to lead the industry in scalability, responsiveness, and reliability within a quality engineering team.
- Build consensus, prioritize, and execute quality engineering activities based on facts, information, and weight of evidence in a collegial work environment.
- Communicate the vision of the product as it would be used with MicroStrategy’s customers related to quality.
- Test and respond to software requirements build into the test planning and report and analyze the results.
- Utilize automated test tools and debuggers to monitor program code, inspect program variables, ensure user interface quality, set performance benchmarks, and analyze results.
- Recommend solutions where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Keep records of issue logs and resolutions internal to the quality engineers and from external technical support.
- Document technical notes, methods, and best practices for use in assuring quality across MicroStrategy’s products.
Required Experience and Skills
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
You should bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related program
- 2+ years of experience verifying and validating software code to improve the overall quality of the product
- Knowledge of software test methods and techniques; experience with the visual testing method is preferred
- Experience with testing web-based applications and/or web application servers
- Experience building automated test scripts and/or programs using tools (I.e., Selenium, Jenkins, Soap UI)
- Familiarity with one of the following programming languages: C, C++, C#, Java, Groovy, Perl, PHP, SQL or Python or similar
- Familiarity with JDBC/ODBC drivers
- Familiarity with major databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, knowledge in SAP products is a plus
- Curiosity - you enjoy tinkering with data and breaking software
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess the ability to be process-driven with an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills delivered in a professional manner
- Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools preferred
- Team-oriented individual
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment /Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703-848-8600.