- Warsaw, Poland
The Product Owner will be responsible for the direction of a MicroStrategy product module. The Product Owner will work very closely with the Product Manager in deciding on the roadmap and will also lead the scrum team to execute the release plan and iteration plan.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Define product requirements and maintaining product backlog. Guide prototype solutions as proof of concept for inclusion into the mainstream product suite, write specification and design documents to facilitate assimilation of new concepts into product features.
- Work with scrum team including architects, developers and testers to deploy and break down requirement/user stories into executable chunks and put requirements to deliverable product.
- Work with stakeholders and scrum team on priorities and release planning; commit functions that align with company strategy.
- Work with Product Management, Customers, Tech Services, Education, Consulting teams. Have a good knowledge of both customer scenarios and competitor products.
- Articulate to team members and management the value of new features and back it up with the research required to showcase overall value to the product suite.
- Accept completed work items so they can be released to customers. This includes validation that product meets acceptance criteria and that the appropriate acceptance tests have been completed
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s preferred (Computer Science, Math or Engineering a plus).
- Candidate will preferably have 18 months of relevant hands-on experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile software development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Passion for creating enjoyable, useful products focusing on resolving user problems.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and a desire to learn new concepts.
- Demonstrated leadership, charisma, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Technical skills that will lend well to prototyping new design ideas, researching new trends in building rich mobile, desktop or web applications.
- Scrum certifications and knowledge of Jira or Rally are a plus.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and other fundamental Computer Science concepts are desirable.
- Experience with databases administration, system administration and programming skills are a plus.
- We offer employment contract with benefits package.