Product Manager, Principal
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
Product Managers serve as the Voice of the Customer. Product Managers diligently work to understand the critical business problems customers are looking to solve and develop products and solutions to meet their evolving needs. No two days are the same in the life of a Product Manager. A lot of time is spent identifying potential new capabilities and new ways to make our customers successful. You are the customer advocate and should seek to aggressively drive a roadmap delivering a high-quality product that provides value for our customers.
Product Management is a critical function, which MicroStrategy is investing in. We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated people who love working with smart teams to solve hard problems.
- Serve as the product expert and guide product direction through defining best practices and optimal global customer experience.
- Partner with engineering and delivery teams to successfully deliver on product vision through the creation and effective ongoing development of world-class, highly differentiated technology offerings.
- Accept input and feedback on product functionality and requirements from all stakeholders including but not limited to customers, sales, sales engineers, engineering, consulting. Balance feedback with market conditions and the needs of the product.
- Collaborate with customers, product engineering, and internal stakeholders to define the use cases, feature validation criteria, and customer needs around MicroStrategy Tools.
- Improve internal processes to ensure customer feedback and needs are quickly and accurately incorporated into the product.
- Interact with industry analysts to both brief on functionality and direction and inquire as to future market conditions and opportunities.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Product Manager, Software Engineer, Consultant, or Pre-Sale Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in BI Design and Development, specifically in architecting MicroStrategy-based business intelligence solutions
- Proven expertise and experience in developing MicroStrategy platform-based architectures to deliver high performing Business Intelligence (BI) solutions
- Strong MicroStrategy experience in semantic layer architecting, development, document, dashboard, and dossier development, and system administration
- Knowledge of advanced data modeling techniques and ETL processes
- MicroStrategy and database implementation expertise
- Experience in designing and helping to localize and take global software solutions to market
- Strength in building relationships and effective communication with varied internal and external audiences and stakeholders
- You have an excellent product/design sense, and you can take complex problems and craft simple experiences
- You have demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional projects while handling a number of moving pieces
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.