Product Manager, Principal
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
Product Managers serve as the Voice of the Customer. Product Managers diligently work to understand the critical business problems customers are looking to solve and develop products and solutions to meet their evolving needs. No two days are the same in the life of a Product Manager. A lot of time is spent identifying potential new capabilities and new ways to make our customers successful. You are the customer advocate and should seek to aggressively drive a roadmap delivering a high-quality product that provides value for our customers.
Product Management is a critical function, which MicroStrategy is investing in. We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated people who love working with smart teams to solve hard problems.
- Serve as the product expert and guide product direction through defining best practices and optimal global customer experience.
- Partner with engineering and delivery teams to successfully deliver on product vision through the creation and effective ongoing development of world-class, highly differentiated technology offerings.
- Accept input and feedback on product functionality and requirements from all stakeholders including but not limited to customers, sales, sales engineers, engineering, consulting. Balance feedback with market conditions and the needs of the product.
- Collaborate with customers, product engineering, and internal stakeholders to define the use cases, feature validation criteria, and customer needs around MicroStrategy Tools.
- Improve internal processes to ensure customer feedback and needs are quickly and accurately incorporated into the product.
- Interact with industry analysts to both brief on functionality and direction and inquire as to future market conditions and opportunities.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Product Manager, Software Engineer, MicroStrategy Consultant, MicroStrategy Administrator, or Pre-Sale Engineer
- 3+ years of proven expertise and expertise in developing MicroStrategy platform-based architectures to deliver high performing BI solutions
- System Administration experience required
- Hands-on installation, configuration, maintenance, and development experience in MicroStrategy required
- Focus on automation by developing and utilizing Command Manager scripts
- Conceptual MicroStrategy system architecture and design know-how
- Knowledge in Security, Architecture, Single-SSO, Webserver and configuration
- Ability to work on Unix and Windows based platforms, Cluster environments and knowledge of basic server administration (CPU/Memory)
- Python experience preferred
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.