Software Engineer, Senior (Security)
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of Technology emphasizing secure practices, architecture, and methodology throughout the development lifecycle. This is a critical role to ensure integrity in the software platform and the candidate should be obsessive with proactive risk identification and providing highly secure solutions. Crucial to success will be the ability to utilize modern tooling to rapidly test, triage, then execute the appropriate response across a large open stack codebase. Creativity with modern ethical hacking techniques to continuously improve the platforms security stance.
- Own the critical security input to every aspect of the software development lifecycle including designs, implementation, and delivery
- Act as subject matter expert to own and implement secure architecture, design and coding practices
- Execute, evaluate and action application security programs including Static/Dynamic Application Security Testing, Software Composition Analysis, & Penetration Testing
- Hands-on role with Platform Penetration Testing, prioritization of results, and implementing remediation of findings
- Drive security requirements into product plans in collaboration with Product Management
- Own the software platform architectural design for security and associated test plans for features
- Mentor and train development teams on security fundamentals
- Critical role in handling and responding to escalated customer issues
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings
Required Experience and Skills
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
You should also bring the following:
- Software development experience in an Agile environment with secure development life cycle
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities (i.e., those identified in the OWASP-10) and best practices on how to mitigate them
- First-hand experience in preventing and mitigating common security vulnerabilities such as cross-site scripting, command/SQL injection, and request forgeries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program; Master’s degree is preferred
- 7+ years of software development experience with real-world knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operation systems, and other fundamental concepts
- Team-oriented individual, energetic, result and delivery oriented
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.