Product Manager, Principal (Security)
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
We are looking for a motivated Security Product Manager who wants to be at the forefront of application security technology and implementation activities. You will be an evangelist for security best practices within our organization and will be an advocate for the security concerns of our customers, and business partners.
- Define and communicate our platform security strategy and associated roadmap based on analysis of customer needs, market potential, competitive pressures, industry standards, and business unit needs
- Manage the rollout of new features and capabilities to the company, customer base, and market
- Own the technical and business relationships with vendors, resellers, customers, and prospects with respect to security
- Define and Drive the Security Training Program for the product development organization
- Work closely with the scrum teams and product owners to define the security functionality, timeframe, and release plan for each product release
- Act as the focal point for the resolution of customer and researcher reported product vulnerabilities
- Maintain and enhance the secure lifecycle development process
- Partner with the key stakeholders within the organization to ensure adherence to security best practices and awareness of emerging threats.
- Ensure the success of the security aspects of the product in the marketplace, as measured by number of customers and customer success
Required Experience and Skills:
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or an engineering discipline, with a master’s degree or applicable experience in a technical or related field preferable
- 5+ years in Product Management, preferably in an agile software development environment
- 7+ years working in software development, preferably in cloud-based and on-premise solutions
- Previous experience working in a secure development life-cycle environment
- Detailed understanding of web and mobile security vulnerabilities
- Experience developing and communicating threat models
- Strong working knowledge of OWASP-10, SANS-25 vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them
- Understanding of cryptography technology (e.g., symmetric, asymmetric techniques)
- First-hand experience identifying and mitigating issues included in the CWE
- Practical experience specifying and implementing security requirements in enterprise applications
- Experience working directly with customers at the CXO level and below to assist in their understanding of security concerns and/or implementations of a product
- Ability/Experience working at multiple levels of an organization to champion security
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.