Quality Engineer (Security Vulnerability Assessment Analyst)
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
Vulnerability Assessment Analysts play an integrated role with Quality Engineers and Software Engineers to build the next generation of Business Intelligence platforms at MicroStrategy. You’ll partner with software engineers and quality engineers in an Agile Software Development environment to deliver secure analytics solutions and platforms to our customers and own the security assurance of a world-class product.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments for applications, networks and operating systems
- Conduct security audits and scanning on a regular basis
- Use automated tools to pinpoint vulnerabilities and reduce time-consuming tasks
- Use manual testing techniques and methods to gain a better understanding of the environment and reduce false negatives
- Develop, test and modify custom scripts and applications for vulnerability testing
- Compile and track vulnerabilities over time
- Build consensus, prioritize, and execute activities based on facts, information, and weight of evidence in a collegial work environment.
- Communicate the scope and impact of identified vulnerabilities within the context of the MicroStrategy platform
- Recommend solutions where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Document technical notes, methods, and best practices for use in assuring security across MicroStrategy’s products.
Required Experience and Skills
Alternative problem solving, curious and creative, strong communication, interest in hacking, and teamwork
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Engineering, or related program
- Knowledge of application and network security tools, such as BurpSuite, Wireshark, OWASP
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools, such as Veracode, Checkmarx, BlackDuck
- Knowledge of network traffic flows in desktop, web and mobile software applications
- Experience with scripting and programming languages, such as Perl, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, PHP, Bash, Java, or similar
- Experience building automated scripts and/or programs, such as using REST APIs to pull or push data
- Curiosity - you enjoy tinkering with data and breaking software
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess the ability to be process-driven with an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills delivered in a professional manner
- Experience with Rally or other Agile Management tools preferred
- Team oriented individual
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.