Cloud Sales Specialist
- Madrid, Spain
MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
MicroStrategy is expanding its Cloud sales team and this role presents an excellent opportunity for experienced Cloud and SaaS sales specialist to join a growing team. The Cloud Sales Specialist is an overlay role and will identify, sell and maintain sales relationships within customer accounts in his/her assigned territory. The Cloud Sales Specialist will provide feedback to their region’s leadership based on interactions with clients, prospects, and other market players.
This position requires interaction with other internal departments such as Sales Engineering, Sales Operations, and Customer Success.
- Sell the MicroStrategy Cloud product and services to new and existing clients
- Identify and properly qualify Cloud opportunities
- Present Cloud solutions at the executive level
- Lead negotiations and overcome objections for deal closure
- Manage complex sales cycles and multiple engagements simultaneously
- Work with sales consultants to discover, identify and meet customer requirements
- Prepare accurate sales forecasts and sales cycle reporting
- Provide project management to ensure the success of the potential or current clients
- Leverage and enhance partner relationships to drive additional value and revenue
Required experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of experience with selling SaaS or Cloud-based business solutions to large enterprise customers
- Prior work experience in a Sales position working with solutions that include business analytics, DHW, Hadoop, Data Lake, Machine Learning is a plus
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- Successful experience at new account development or large account management
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills
- Experience and training in a value-based enterprise sales methodology (Solution Selling, Customer Centric Selling, etc)
- Ability to track activity in Salesforce
- High levels of social perceptiveness and customer service
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Understanding of partner ecosystems including Cloud providers and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Previous sales methodology training, e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.