Product Marketing Manager
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
The Product Marketing Manager will be a chief expert on MicroStrategy Services offerings, including Consulting, Education and Support. The Product Marketing Manager must also be technical and comfortable reading documentation, preparing sales and marketing materials, and explaining the product. Previous experience in product marketing is critical, so that the individual is already familiar with common marketing practices and techniques. The Product Marketing Manager must be able to create product marketing content. This includes, but is not limited to: sales and technical presentations, webcasts, video demos, white papers, website content, product guides, seminar content, etc. The Product Marketing Manager must be able to create compelling assets that integrate tangible proof points, differentiation and business value, enabling Sales to confidently articulate and position MicroStrategy Services value proposition. The Product Marketing Manager must also be comfortable presenting to audiences ranging from one-on-one customer presentations, to presenting the product at internal and external events in front of 100+ people.
- Support Sales. Collaborate directly with Sales Leadership and Product Marketing teams to develop comp intel tools and playbooks that support business development and help close deals.
- Drive Strategy. Understand the competitive landscape and advise product and go-to-market leadership on appropriate sales strategies
- Research and keep current on market/competitor trends and news
- Content is king. Develop up-to-date tools (battle cards, product analyses, competitive responses, internal and external presentations, etc.), with a view toward improving sales effectiveness
- Brief product teams on competitor technologies and marketing/PR teams about competitive messaging and positioning issues
Required Experience and Skills:
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales, product marketing, or tech consulting
- 2+ years of experience marketing services offerings (education, support or consulting / professional services)
- Demonstrable strong knowledge of the analytics and mobility software space.
- A combination of visionary, strategic and pragmatic skills, encompassing both strong strategic product marketing abilities and hands-on tactical involvement.
- Passion for understanding what makes a technology compelling.
- Experience with cross-functional teams and working directly with technical or consulting teams.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and persuasion skills.
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing, computer science, or related tech field (MBA preferred).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.