Software Engineer, Senior
- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
The Senior Software Engineer will be a key member of an Agile Software Development team performing Java and open stack development. In this role, you will provide our customers with the most powerful, scalable, and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobility, and security. You play a role in enabling MicroStrategy products to be best-in-breed and optimized for leading organizations to analyze big data and distribute actionable business insight across their enterprise.
- Lead the design and implementation of MicroStrategy software platforms, applications, and features.
- Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on specifications, designs, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
- Support technical support engineers with high-level and escalated customer issues.
- Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, and SCRUM meetings.
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar program; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Five years of software development experience with real world knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operation systems, and other fundamental concepts.
- Strong Java skills in client and server-side development.
- Experience with optimization of high performance, web-based applications.
- Fluent in object orientated programming languages, such as C++, and Java.
- Strong debugging, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity of RDBMS and web services is highly desired.
- Experience developing software applications and features in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, attention to detail, and drive to delivery best-in-class software products for industry.
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.