Consultant - DACH Region
- Cologne, Germany
MicroStrategy Consultants empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, Consultants work to understand business needs and technical requirements, and design and implement high value solutions in the MicroStrategy platform. MicroStrategy Consultants are an integral part of the world's largest staff of MicroStrategy Certified Engineers and leverage knowledge and best practices across our global team for customer success. MicroStrategy Professional Services' Career Path provides growth opportunities at all levels within the organization. Specialist Consultants leverage their customer experience to mature and apply leadership skills in their application design and development work. They routinely take on coach responsibilities on small to mid-size project teams, leading and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Delivers billable consulting services. Efforts may be directed toward various MicroStrategy and / or supporting products and services.
- Works within an internal sphere of influence typically bounded by project or regional activities.
- Participates in the full project life cycle, taking ideas from concept through full deployment.
- Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which he or she is assigned.
- Develops an awareness of the competitive landscape including key differentiators and competitive positioning.
- Defines a project approach to ensure customer and account success.
- Provides critical and constructive guidance to customers, steering them towards a long-term vision for success.
- Leverages MicroStrategy best practices for service delivery.
- Applies project management methodology effectively in a wide variety of situations, and adapts methodology to new situations.
- Provides support to the Services management team, helping to scope and estimate the engagement.
- Develops customer relationship and expectation management skills by independently working with customers.
- Communicates effectively with team members both internally and with customers.
- Demonstrates influence towards positive outcomes, internally and externally with customers.
- Leads and/or participates in implementation activities.
- Participates in implementation activities.
- Leverages technical competence and implementation experience to develop functional and technical application design skills.
- May provide technical oversight for team members.
- May assume selected engagement management responsibilities, with supervision Shares expertise and experience with junior team members.
- May be given responsibility as a team coach on small teams of up to 8 members, leading and mentoring their more junior colleagues.
- Actively participates in internal knowledge-sharing forums.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical or related field is required.
- At least 5 years consulting or IT consulting experience is a must.
- Understanding of core Business Intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technology: RDBMS, Web, Client/ Server, and OLAP.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements.
- Programming (Visual Basic, C, C++) and Web/Internet (JAVA, HTML, ASP, XML, XSL) experience.
- Application knowledge of the following industries: Consumer Packaged Goods, Pharmaceutical, Retail, Telecommunications, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare and ERP.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Staffing to local projects wherever possible, however field consultants can expect periods and assignments of up to 75 - 100% travel.
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Your CV should be in English and of no more than 3 pages in length. Business intelligence platform knowledge should be highlighted.
Please include your salary expectation.