Technical Support Engineer
- Tokyo, Japan
The Customer Support Group (CSG) provides unparalleled customer service to all customers, partners and internal personnel.
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) in CSG is responsible for providing first line technical support for a set of MicroStrategy Products.
The TSE dedicates his/her time to resolving customer issues, contributing to the growth of our MicroStrategy Community, and growing their MicroStrategy Product Knowledge to provide service excellence.
The successful candidate will participate in intensive and comprehensive training on our business intelligence solutions across the whole product platform.
This role is part of a global expansion for a market leading listed (NASDAQ: MSTR) global company.
- Provide complex and challenging support for MicroStrategy’s Business Intelligence product suite and its underlying technologies
- Develop strong relationships with MicroStrategy customers and partners through daily, high quality interactions during project development and production system maintenance
- Find creative and sophisticated solutions to problems reported while using MicroStrategy’s product suite through analytical talent and strong troubleshooting abilities
- Work in a strong team environment by interacting with colleagues to provide unparalleled support to customers in a wide variety of industries
- Prioritize and communicate product challenges and enhancements to development teams
- Liaise with Advanced Support Team in HQ(US) or Technical Centers (Poland/China) to resolve the cases and to get deeper insights of the products knowledges and practices
- Contribute to the growth of the MicroStrategy Community by creating customer-facing documentation of all technical solutions and product documentation addendums
- Enhance personal and professional growth by participating in Internal Training Programs
- Must have 3+ years of working experience in a technology environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field (Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands on experience working in Cloud (AWS or Azure) application support or deployments, including configuration, deployment and performance improvements are a plus
- Java, HTML, XML/XSL, ASP, SQL technologies are a plus
- Database (SQL, RDBMS) knowledge
- Customer service experience
- Japanese and Business English required
Please apply in English.
Consultants are required to be certified in MicroStrategy. For those joining the company whom are not currently certified there would be a 6 week course at one of global development centres in Washington, Warsaw or Hangzhou.
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.