Manager, Professional Services
- Tysons, VA, USA
MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
We match smart people to agile projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and committed people. Accept the challenge at www.microstrategy.com/careers.
Do you have strong project management skills and enjoy solving complex challenges with customers? Do you have entrepreneurial and leadership skills to run your own micro-business? MicroStrategy is hiring a Professional Services Manager based on Tyson’s, VA. This position works onsite with customers to deliver exceptional consulting services to maximize the success of our customers on the MicroStrategy platform. You’ll use your technical knowledge and business acumen to lead multiple consulting team engagements in parallel. By doing so, you’ll empower our customers with the analytics and knowledge to transform their business. In this role, you will;
- Deliver exceptional consulting services through effective project, team, and customer management
- Scope and oversee engagement delivery by managing consulting personnel, project budget, schedule, and customer escalations
- Work with your Professional Services Director to recognize opportunities to grow revenue through effective account management, business development, and problem solving
- Communicate effectively and frequently with customers and MicroStrategy leadership
- Manage the consulting project team to ensure resource utilization, project schedule, and successful execution
- Capture technical and project execution best practices to leverage on future engagements and become a coach to your peers
- Support direct reports in career development by providing regular feedback, coaching, and guidance
- You have a bachelor’s or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
- You are a proven technical consultant with seven or more years of technology and services engagements, preferably with experience leading the scoping and delivery of engagements
- You have experience in business intelligence software - MicroStrategy a plus but not required
- You take a strategic approach to solving business problems and tackling projects
- You are highly motivated to get the project done right and have a stellar track record of quality and timeliness
- You are customer obsessed because you have an unmatched ability to understand customer needs and build relationships
- You are an active listener and use leadership-level communication in person and during presentations
- You love being a rockstar manager who encourages your team to achieve their potential
- You are quick on your feet and ready for change – being agile is one of our values
- Extremely well organized, open communicator
- You are comfortable spending up to 50% of your time traveling, working directly with our customers on the front line
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, including written, oral, and presentation skills
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.