- Tysons Corner, VIRGINIA
MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
MicroStrategy is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms. Our mission is to provide the most flexible, powerful, scalable, and user-friendly analytics and identity management platforms, offered either on premises or in the cloud. At MicroStrategy, we are committed to attracting and retaining passionate, results-oriented team members who collaborate with and deliver unparalleled value to our clients, both external and internal. Join MicroStrategy and make innovation part of an exciting career.
We are seeking a talented, experienced, and energetic individual to join our team of non-attorney contract specialists and legal professionals and serve as a key contributor in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and supporting general corporate legal matters. This is an excellent opportunity, with career advancement possibilities, to work in a high-caliber, collegial department with other dedicated attorney and non-attorney professionals on a wide variety of matters for an innovative, publicly traded technology company.
- Negotiate and draft the terms of software licensing, cloud subscription, services, and vendor contracts Promote, balance and manage company and customer/vendor interests using a high degree of ingenuity to solve large scale, complex, contentious issues addressing business risks and compliance matters
- Facilitate discussions with customers and vendors, differentiating true requirements from negotiating tactics and competing interests
- Regularly coordinate with and validate input from internal organizations and other members of the commercial licensing team to facilitate contract negotiation and execution, often under tight timeframes
- Drive project and process improvement initiatives, policies, and procedures aimed at effecting process reengineering within the Legal department to increase speed and efficiency and ultimately contribute to revenue growth
- Assist with general corporate legal matters, including employment, litigation, and regulatory compliance matters
Required Experience and Skills:
- B.A. or B.S. (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house
- Experience with, and enthusiasm for, transactional work including software licensing; experience with U.S. federal contracting a plus
- Ability to manage fast-paced, high-volume, workload in a dynamic environment and simultaneously add value to multiple projects
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
- Proactive, self-starter who shows project ownership and enjoys working across departments
- Superb organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish goals
- Experience drafting and negotiating moderate to complex commercial contracts
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.