- Atlanta, GEORGIA
MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
Are you tech savvy and told you have great rapport with customers? MicroStrategy is looking for a Sales Engineer in our Atlanta, GA office location. As a Sales Engineer, you develop innovative and creative product demonstrations as well as design new demos to show the value of MicroStrategy’s platform to prospective and current customers. Ultimately, your goal is to use your technical and business knowledge to support our sales team during the presale process and delight our customers.
- Develops and delivers customized and value-based presentations to prospective and current customers to demonstrate the unique strengths of our offerings
- Uses creativity and customer insight to build innovative POC’s (proof of concept) that demonstrate the unique value proposition of our offerings to our customers
- Designs, validates, and presents MicroStrategy software solutions that include advanced product concepts, future direction, and third-party complimentary products
- Responsible for staying abreast on the MicroStrategy product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features, and functions within our product platform to apply them to customers’ business and technical problems
- Maintains regular communication with customers to ensure on-going satisfaction and identify new upsell opportunities
- Attend and actively attract prospects and customers to annual user conference (MicroStrategy World) and other marketing events or trainings
- Assists with customer RFP proposals by researching and providing RFP project responses
- BS degree or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Experience in a technical customer facing role such as product management, consulting or sales engineering with a technology company or consultancy is ideal
- Experience with analytics, big data or data science is ideal
- Proven or demonstrably outstanding professional speaking, writing skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to articulate complex topics to novice or technical audience
- Self-motivated and responsible in a position that grants autonomy
- A history of using innovation and creativity to navigate customer challenges and objections
- Ability to understand and satisfy business analytics requirements, translate them into requirements and answer them with appealing and useful data visualizations
- Demonstrable understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and comfort with SQL
- Ability to travel up to 25% as needed
- Be part of an environment that values being engaged, precise, agile, transparent – and cheerful
- Set yourself up for a career in sales, consulting, or customer support at MicroStrategy
- Love learning? You’ll attend our bootcamp and have access to unlimited Lynda.com courses
- Work with world-class companies like CVS Health, LinkedIn, Lowe's, and Chevron
- Stay healthy and collaborate -- enjoy employee perks like participating in our quarterly fitness challenges
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.