Cloud Systems Engineer
- Hangzhou, China
MicroStrategy transforms organizations into intelligent enterprises through data-driven innovation. We match smart people to dynamic projects and technologies that truly challenge their talents. Curious and creative in outlook, our success is built on the talent and energy of smart and driven people. MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications.
The Cloud Systems Engineers are part of MicroStrategy Cloud Operations and Engineering organization, and will design, develop, install and integrate highly complex enterprise production servers to support MicroStrategy’s Secure Enterprise offerings across Analytics, Mobility, and Security. The candidate will administer and maintain production systems, development operations, and systems administration functions for an innovative secure enterprise analytics product.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
· Responsible for the production and deployment of new software releases
· Maintain high availability and resilience for all MicroStrategy offerings across Analytics, Mobility, and Security.
· Design, implement and maintain multitenant DevOps, Virtual Cloud, and Linux environments
· Manage the back end of web & mobile applications to include server, agent gateway, load balancers, and active directory.
· Troubleshoot and triage problems or issues with software and hardware
· Plan and execute periodic patching activities including vulnerability remediation
· Manage and build servers to support needs of customers, internal and external
· Performs hardware and software evaluations and make recommendations
· Performs application Compatibility / Interoperability Testing / Application Packaging
· Develop and maintain documentation required to support the server infrastructure
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience of professional engineering in a DevOps or Systems Engineering role.
- Experience with at least one DevOps monitoring and notification tool.
- Experience with at least one system management software, such as Puppet or Chef suite.
- Hands on experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux is required
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in AWS or other cloud technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of networking basics.
- Knowledge of project management principles and SDLC.
- Knowledge of best practices for enterprise-level IT infrastructure
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.