Senior Financial Analyst
- Tysons, VA, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
As the Senior Financial Analyst – Financial Planning & Analysis, you will lead the development of key metrics for performance related initiatives and identify opportunities to improve processes, controls and internal systems. Lead financial reporting development and analysis support to departmental leadership. This position reports to the Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
- · Generate periodic and ad-hoc financial and operational reporting and analysis
- · Lead development of periodic budget and forecast updates
- · Participate in departmental business reviews focused on actual vs. budget / forecast analysis
- · Develop financial / operational models for performance management
- · Develop and distribute reporting to highlight performance or policy exceptions
- · Review financial and operational metrics to identify trends, highlight issues and derive action plans to resolve issues
- · Prepare presentations for review with departmental stakeholders and Senior Leadership
- · Develop and monitor leadership dashboards that provide insight into financial performance
You should also bring the following:
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting with 3-5 years of experience. MBA a plus.
- · Strong knowledge of general financial accounting, budgeting, analysis and reporting
- · Direct experience providing strategic analysis for sales or service organizations including financial, sales, resource allocation and compensation analysis and reporting
- · Strong project management skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- · Highly organized, with focus on creating, implementing and maintaining new processes
- · Proficiency in MS Office products with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint emphasized
- · Familiarity with business intelligence products (preferred) with foundational knowledge of relational database structure
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.