Senior Associate Consultant
- Burlington, MASSACHUSETTS
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
MicroStrategy Consultants empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, Consultants work to understand business needs and technical requirements, and design and implement high value solutions in the MicroStrategy platform. MicroStrategy Consultants are an integral part of the world's largest staff of MicroStrategy Certified Engineers and leverage knowledge and best practices across our global team for customer success. MicroStrategy Professional Services' Career Path provides growth opportunities at all levels within the organization.
The Senior Associate Consultant position is an entry level position focusing on the rapid acquisition and application of new knowledge through a variety of customer project assignments. Senior Associate Consultants may also take on project team coaching responsibilities, leading and mentoring up to 3 team members.
- Delivers billable consulting services. Efforts may be directed toward various MicroStrategy and / or supporting products and services
- Works within an internal sphere of influence typically bounded by project or regional activities. Supports the team taking ideas from concept through full deployment
- Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which he or she is assigned
- Develops an awareness of the competitive landscape including key differentiators and competitive positioning
- Connects project outcomes with customers' overall vision and MicroStrategy account strategy
- Develops an understanding of the project life cycle and follows project management methodology for well-defined work
- Leverages MicroStrategy best practices for service delivery
- Develops customer relationship and expectation management skills by independently working with customers
- Observes and understands the dynamics of influence, internally and externally with customers
- Communicates effectively with team members both internally and with customers
- Develops technical competence of MicroStrategy products with a focus on implementation
- May take on project team coaching responsibilities, leading up to 3 team members
- Actively participates in internal knowledge-sharing forums
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
- Up to 2 years of related experience
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirements
- Programming or systems development experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Staffing to local projects wherever possible, however field consultants can expect periods and assignments of up to 75 - 80% travel
- Proven knowledge of programming and design in building web applications.
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: SSO (SAML2.0, Federation, JWT, oAuth), Security (PKI, Digital Signatures, HTTPS, SSL with client certificates).
- Hands on experience with the MicroStrategy SDKs is a plus.
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.