Director, Human Resources (Technology)
- Tysons, VA, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
MicroStrategy is looking for a Director-level, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to serve as a consultant and partner to our Technology team based out of our headquarters in Tysons Corner, Virginia. The Director, HRBP will play an integral role in supporting our Technology practice with a long and established history of product innovation, collaborative working culture, and fun. The Director will be the senior HRBP for MicroStrategy’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and will work closely with Technology leadership to apply experience in a broad range of HR technical areas toward the goal of enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction. The HRBP must be accessible and responsive to our management and employees, be passionate about employee growth and development and be the type of individual who enjoys rolling up their sleeves up in a tight knit and fast paced environment.
- Lead the ongoing evolution of People Strategy work in support of MicroStrategy’s Technology organization.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and own the development of an aligned HR strategy within the Technology organization
- Develop plans to enhance organizational capability through team structures, business processes, or other organizational development means.
- Partner with executive management to drive talent planning through the identification of opportunities for capability building and driving an agenda of continuous building and placement of high potential leadership resources to support and drive business strategy.
- Counsel and advise leadership on employee relations matters, policies and performance.
- Guide Talent Management program activities for the Technology organization.
- Drive people-focused activities in specific business areas such as talent/workforce planning, engagement, succession planning and learning initiatives.
- Lead the evolution of career models and identification of learning resources to support ongoing career development and performance management of Technology team members.
- Enhance the performance development process including coaching managers on conducting effective performance reviews
- Manage the execution of compensation reviews, merit increase process, quarterly bonus process, run benchmarking analysis and assist in developing company-wide compensation strategy.
- Manage the team responsible for delivering HR services and support to the Technology organization globally.
- Manage HR Generalist resources for MicroStrategy’s HQ directly, directly partner with MicroStrategy’s HR leaders and teams responsible for operations outside of HQ (e.g., Poland & China), and guide/partner with expert resources (e.g., Recruiting, Learning, and Compensation) providing support for the global Technology team.
- Work closely with the HR leadership team on company-wide HR initiatives such as organizational effectiveness, total rewards strategy and training and development
- 6+ years human resources generalist/HRBP experience including broad based HR skills in training and development, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, compliance, benefits, compensation, HRIS.
- Experience communicating across all corporate levels including interfacing with top execs (we are an open-door culture).
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer service skillsExperience acting as the HRBP in technology companies, for technical clients or a genuine interest and passion for technology.
- Must be able to develop and execute HR programs and strategies with a degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation.
- A high degree of personal integrity and maturity including the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple processes and priorities at once.
- Strong experience with coaching and developing employees and managers.
- Exceptional analytical abilities including utilizing data and metrics.
- Deep experience with HR systems including implementing, maintaining and optimizing; experience with Workday a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher strongly preferred.
- PHR or SPHR strongly preferred.
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.