Director of Business Intelligence
- Tysons, VA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
MicroStrategy Experts empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, our Experts work to understand business needs and technical requirements, and design and implement high value solutions in the MicroStrategy platform. MicroStrategy Experts are an integral part of the world's largest staff of MicroStrategy Certified Engineers and leverage knowledge and best practices across our global team for customer success.
- Develops and updates Best Practices documents as well as training material for the program
- Delivers consulting services to customers. Efforts may be directed toward various MicroStrategy and / or supporting products and services
- Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which he or she is assigned
- Defines a project approach to ensure customer and MicroStrategy account success. Provides critical and constructive guidance to customers, steering them towards a long term vision for success
- Deliver classroom/remote training for internal audiences
- Creates technical and / or functional designs to support the customer requirement and business objective Scope may include standalone applications or more complex interdependent systems
- Leads implementation activities
- Provides technical oversight for large project teams, including customers and partners
- May assume selected engagement management responsibilities, with supervision
- Communicates effectively with team members both internally and with customers and partners, including at the executive level
- Leverages and extends MicroStrategy best practices for service delivery
- Applies methodology effectively in a wide variety of situations, and adapts methodology to new situations
- Effectively demonstrates influence towards positive outcomes, internally and externally with customers
- Actively participates in internal knowledge-sharing forums
Required Experience and skills:
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in a business, technical, or related field
- 10+ years of Enterprise Business Intelligence experience, including:
- Director of Business Intelligence
- Planning the Business Intelligence Enterprise strategy from end-to-end
- Experience working with a team to create plans, scope, priority, timelines, and SLAs for business intelligence projects
- Experience publishing the environments that host the Enterprise and Departmental applications and ensuring all reports are published
- Experience hosting daily scrum meetings and supervising the team’s work efforts
- Experience training personnel on enterprise business intelligence
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Demonstrated leadership ability resulting in customer success
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Staffing to local projects wherever possible, however field consultants can expect periods and assignments of up to 25-50% travel
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.