Lead IT Support Engineer
- Tysons, VA, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
Basic Function: Serve as a result-oriented and self-motivated IT Support professional to lead the delivery of IT support services in a large enterprise environment.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Manages all activities related to the staffing and operation of the Information Systems Helpdesk and Hardware Teams
- Supervises assigned staff, in support of networked and stand-alone computer systems
- Directs staff in recognizing, identifying, isolating, and resolving problems with information systems products and services
- Plans and implements software, hardware, and/or system upgrades and modifications
- Recommends and reviews policies and procedures and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and company objectives
- Directs the installation, testing, and setup of new hardware and software
- Defines, Implements, and ensures SLA’s are met
- Recommends new hardware and software as needed
- Participates in special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 2+ years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations, including supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
- Experience in managing projects and teams
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with Engineering, IT, business staff and external parties
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.