Associate IT Support Engineer
- Tysons, VA, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
Basic Function: Serve as a result-oriented and self-motivated Associate IT Support professional to support the delivery of IT support services in a large enterprise environment.
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Respond to IT trouble tickets using a proprietary help desk request system
- Provide hardware support for workstations, laptops, printers and other IT equipment
- Troubleshoot problems or issues with software and hardware in a helpdesk atmosphere
- Perform upgrades and repairs (e.g., memory installations, operating system upgrades, driver upgrades)
- Work with customers to resolve technical issues
- Follow-up regularly throughout the issue resolution process to ensure smooth communication
- Assist with inventory of computer supplies and equipment
- Provide advance notification to IT management regarding potential issues before they occur
- Provide end-user support and troubleshooting of Windows workstations for headquarters and off-site office staff
- Support office moves
- Familiar with Excel and be able to produce reports
- Available for on-call and/or overtime work, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ years of experience in a computer support environment, or the equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software including recent Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2012/2016, 8, 10), Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office 365, and common desktop applications
- Knowledge of mobile devices including iOS and Android platforms
- Very good troubleshooting and problem-resolution skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to assist users – ability to work and communicate with users to exceed their expectations
- Good documentation skills
- A+ or similar certification is a benefit
- Ability to prioritize among multiple, competing requests; self-starter and well organized
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.