UX/UI Designer (Visual Design)
- Tysons, VA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
How We Approach Design at MicroStrategy:
We're shifting to a design-centric culture, where walls are being replaced with video screens, where AirPlay is king, and "genius bars" for open collaboration are all around the office.
We tend to hire full-stack UX designers, who can span across Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Usability and Visual Design. What this provides you is a full scope immersion into product development and enhancement, making your career more robust. We look for experience primarily in software UX, web application development and/or mobile app development. Enterprise-level experience is always attractive.
Our UX/UI Designers works closely with program managers, engineers, and other fellow designers to build the next generation of interactive designs to support our multiple platforms. At MicroStrategy, Senior UX/UI Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible, and should always have the user in mind
As a UX/UI designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Successful designers will have a passion for design, a strong appreciation for user-centric design, a love of technology and excellent communication skills.
- Lead the design of both web and mobile applications that deliver consistently engaging and delightful experiences that are simple to use and elegant
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, understand and find
- Exceptionally effective communicator with design team, product management team, and software engineers capable of thriving with remote and on-premises dynamics
- Capable of working in a fast paced iterative lean design environment
- Create a product style guideline and lead visual consistency
You should also bring the following:
- Experience with visual design for software and web/mobile apps. Software design is key.
- Bachelor or advanced degree preferred
- Excellent knowledge of tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other design tools required
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in software graphic design preferably in a commercial or consumer focused software development enterprise
- Ability to create UX wireframes, logical workflows a big plus
- Ability to create information architecture diagrams
- Understanding the principles of user-centered design, and a keen eye
- Experience creating interaction specifications and functional prototypes
- Experience working with back-end engineers in an Agile environment
- Experience creating images for use in web-based software applications and mobile devices desirable
- Ability to create icons, layouts and color schemes to use with our demo applications and software
- Strong analytical and communication skills. Must be able to learn new technologies and the domain space very quickly and present ideas in a team setting
- Must have the eagerness to constantly strive to innovate and the ability to initiate discussions regarding new ideas
- Team-oriented individual, positive attitude, energetic, result & delivery oriented, keen interest on quality and intense attention to detail
How People Would Describe You
- Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
Our Interview Process:
- Portfolio review
- Phone Interview (with recruiter and design lead)
- eSkill Assessment
- Onsite (or Skype) Interviews
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.