Talent Management Consultant
- Tysons, VA, USA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
We are looking for a Talent Management Consultant whose responsibilities will revolve around MicroStrategy’s Talent Management strategy and programs. The qualified applicant will support the ongoing development and implementation of Global Talent Management programs, involved in attitudinal and job analytic surveys, manage a breadth of talent management projects, and provide thought leadership for project and change management efforts in support of all projects and programs falling under the team’s responsibility.
The scope of our projects spans from initial design and development of tools and processes to support for validation studies to on-going management and evaluation of Talent Management programs. The work requires strong individual initiative, project management skills, a solid foundation in research methodology and comfort conducting quantitative and qualitative research analysis, and a firm understanding/background in personnel selection, performance appraisal, test development and validation, and job analysis.
- Provide consultative support on issues related to Talent Management solutions including competency and capability modeling, selection tool design, and performance management.
- Provide thought leadership on Talent Management issues facing a global company.
- Develop and communicate project plans/proposals to external vendors and internal stakeholders to maintain on-target delivery of initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership, communication development, training design, and change management guidance to support of the rollout of Talent Management Tools.
- Work closely with external vendors and internal clients to develop and implement assessment tools that protect and enhance MicroStrategy’s brand equity and enable the achievement of the company’s key success factors.
- Partner with HR and business leaders to gain first hand knowledge of business models and build talent assessment processes and tools for existing employees.
- Lead and conduct job analytic research work on a global scale.
- Assist in utility and business impact analyses for selection systems and other HR-sponsored programs.
Required Experience and Skills:
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
You should also bring the following:
A Masters degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or closely related field required; Ph.D. preferred.
Work experience: Completion of Internship in related job required; 2 years of applied experience strongly preferred.
Balanced interest/experience with both industrial and organizational psychology, including areas such as research design, assessment development, and survey research. More specifically, candidate should have experience in or have studied:
- Personnel selection tools and validation
- Performance appraisal
- Survey research
- Job analysis techniques and competency modeling
- HR Analytics
- Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in project management with a heightened attention to detail, time management, resource organization, and effective communication.
- Skilled in survey design techniques; including familiarity with online survey design software (e.g., SurveyGizmo).
- Skilled in measurement techniques related to employee performance, personality, cognitive ability, test validation, and program evaluation.
- Skilled with Excel and statistical software packages (e.g., MicroStrategy, R).
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members, internal stakeholders and external constituents; and ability to influence change through these relationships.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment - establishing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time, budget and quality criteria.
Collaborative; team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to establish credibility necessary to influence at all organizational levels
- Analytical; makes decisions using data and business knowledge
- Ability to communicate with and present to others at all organizational levels
- Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change
- Ability to continually identify ways to improve work process and output.
- Trustworthy with strong business integrity and ability to hold sensitive information in confidence
- Agile learner; able to readily apply past learning’s in new situations to generate solutions to challenges
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.