Vice President, DevOps
- Tysons, VA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ….MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
We are looking for a hands-on DevOps leader who will ensure that the Technology organization effectively adopts and utilizes state-of-art technology to achieve best practices in Continuous Integration (CI), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Continuous Deployment (CD). The DevOps leader will be responsible for delivering full automation of test, builds, from the unit level to end-to-end across on-prem and cloud offerings. The measure of success will be the ongoing efficiency and productivity gains as well as the product improvements that result from these efforts.
You’ll bring a vision of modern DevOps, and how MicroStrategy can leverage Cloud solutions utilizing containerization. You’ll be the de facto field general who can handle the day to day of our DevOps operation, partnering closely with the Chief Product Officer. Your experience with leveraging emerging technology for enterprise software will help drive our future roadmap.
Day to day:
- Drive the company’s effort for achieving CI, TDD, Continuous Deployment
- Create and drive the execution of the roadmap to rapidly migrate the company to best practice CI/TDD with full automation.
- Automate the build processes for the company, ensuring builds at the team level can be achieved in less than ten minutes.
- Ensure builds are self-testing at the unit level so that all tests confirm that the code behaves as the team expect it should before it is committed to the main branch
- Drive the process such that every team commits to the baseline every day, minimizing conflicting changes and the resulting defects that result.
- Ensure the latest technologies are leveraged for TDD; with full automation for the unit tests through integration test through end-to-end testing
- Ensure full integration of CI/TDD systems with Rally to ensure everyone can see the results and respond accordingly
- Continuous deployment: automate deployment directly into production such that on any given day a production ready product can be deployed and done so in an automated fashion.
- Select, coordinate, develop, and maintain relationships with vendors
- Own responsibility for the commercial justification of adopting new technology through clearly defined value propositions that are measurable
- Research the latest in DevOps, ensuring best practices are continuously brought into the company for continuous improvement.
- Proven experience leveraging the following technology:
- Cloud Services – for software, not infrastructure.
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes
- Hands on experience in DevOps, with proven track record of leading a team to transform the efforts of an engineering organization
- Experience in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform: ideally Rally or another similar agile system of record like Jira, Version One
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management/supervisory experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals of 10+
- Strong communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinking to develop innovative solutions to problems
- Ability to interact effectively with product and development teams at all levels
- Ability to self-manage projects and experience coaching and mentoring others
- Demonstrated ability of successfully leading complex development operations for enterprise software
- Ability to travel to China occasionally
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.