Vice President, Public Relations and Analyst Relations
- Tysons, VA
Market Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People….
MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force—our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity fresh ideas and be a part of technology innovation at its best.
The VP, Public Relations and Analyst Relations acts as primary point of contact with media outlets and industry analysts, pro-actively pitching stories, responding to incoming media & analyst inquiries, developing media relationships and acting as a spokesperson for MicroStrategy.
- Develop and execute PR strategies to improve MicroStrategy’s brand awareness and maintain a positive organizational image to external and internal parties
- Lead a global program, working with marketing personnel and outside agency to uncover new PR opportunities, write and issue press releases for customer wins, handle media relations and media requests, and build greater visibility for MicroStrategy worldwide
- Actively identify, manage and influence a network of industry analysts. Track analyst interactions, and manage for impact.
- Identify relevant and emerging issues facing the organization in technology areas and partner with executive leadership to identify opportunities and solutions
- Maintain and leverage past well-established contacts and develop relationships with new contacts involved in a variety of channels to maximize exposure
- Create business audience and technical audience positioning for MicroStrategy
- Identify and coach appropriate business partner groups to effectively communicate with analysts, clients, the media and public interest groups
- Formulate strategy to engage industry analysts to highlight products in analyst coverage. Drive analyst awareness of MicroStrategy offerings and continue to expand analyst understanding of the unique MicroStrategy approach to its market.
- Establish metrics to drive revenue improvement through customer, media and analyst feedback
- Analyze internal data and directs the creation of reports measuring communication impact
- Support and stay connected to a variety of social media channels and initiatives
- Extensive writing for a wide range of projects
- 15+ years of proven leadership in communications/AR/PR through either in-house and/or agency experience predominately in a Global market
- Track record of identifying, building and delivering impactful communications programs that make a material impact
- Very strong story-teller (knows how to leverage any announcement into a story and appeal to a global audience)
- Prior experience creating and implementing multi-pronged PR strategies as well as media relations programs
- Experience directly interacting with Gartner, Forrester and other major IT industry analyst firms
- Experience managing vendor evaluations for Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves
- Experience successfully working with C-level leaders and partnering with senior leadership across other groups and disciplines
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines as well as balance multiple projects by prioritizing effectively
- Extensive enterprise software marketing experience
- Proven track record of increasing qualified leads
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- BA required, MBA or MA strongly preferred
MicroStrategy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.