Assistant Editor, NeurologyLive®
- 2 Clarke Dr, Cranbury, NJ 08512, USA
MultiMedia Healthcare is comprised of premier platforms that range from animal health, pharma science and medical specialties. MultiMedia Healthcare is dedicated to delivering high quality, timely and trusted information through various resources that include digital and print platforms and live events. MultiMedia Healthcare is part of MJH Life Sciences, which has 8 offices globally. For more information, please visit http://www.mjhassoc.com.
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
The Assistant Editor will be working on an exciting new brand focused on the field of neuroscience. The individual in this position will attend key international and domestic conferences, build relationships with leading neurologists and neuroscientists, and provide expert clinical coverage for NeurologyLive® and all its platforms: website, social media, video, print, and others.
- Identify breaking and practice-changing neurology news relevant to the field and write search engine-optimized articles
- Keep current on developments and trends in neurology, particularly the new drug pipeline and current pivotal clinical trials
- Build key relationships with social influencers and develop a following across social networks
- Develop content for condition-specific resource centers that can be used across platforms, including web, print, and newsletters
- Work closely with sales and marketing to develop key strategic alliance partnerships with top neurology-focused hospitals
- Travel 20% of the time to attend conferences, interview experts, publish relevant news, and build relationships
- Work collaborative across the brand to produce print publications along with other editors
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university and at least 1 year of editorial experience, preferably in medical/scientific publishing
- Experience with video interviewing, filming, editing, and formatting
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments with tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with online content management systems and strong computer skills
- Knowledge of AMA style is a plus
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.