Director, Corporate Communications & Public Relations
- 2 Clarke Dr, Cranbury, NJ 08512, USA
MultiMedia Healthcare is comprised of premier platforms that range from animal health, pharma science and medical specialties. MultiMedia Healthcare is dedicated to delivering high quality, timely and trusted information through various resources that include digital and print platforms and live events. MultiMedia Healthcare is part of MJH Life Sciences, which has 8 offices globally. For more information, please visit http://www.mjhassoc.com.
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
Reporting into the VP, Corporate Communications & B2B Marketing, the Director of Corporate Communications and Public Relations will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing the internal and external communications, and corporate communications program.
This position will work closely with marketing functions, business area leaders, executive teams, product marketing, creative services, sales, and other core business functions to develop and drive the company's communications strategy, as well as those of the individual brands.
- Drive all aspects of public relations and internal communications function for MJH Life Sciences and all its business units
- Oversee and supervise a developing PR team to establish best-in-class media relations and public affairs efforts.
- As a critical partner to cross functional teams, responsible for planning, developing, and guiding management in all areas of communication strategy and processes to ensure alignment with the business needs and vision. This includes the development and implementation internal employee facing communications plus developing and driving MJH thought leadership externally.
- Spearhead multi-channel public relations campaigns that align speaking opportunities, news announcements, awards, proactive and reactive media relations,
- Drive corporate communications and public relations strategy for MJH Life Sciences' events as well as our participation in major trade shows.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with reporters, editors and producers across relevant healthcare/life science business and trade news media to extend and grow coverage to strengthen MJH Life Sciences' reputation as leader in the medical media market
- Drive internal corporate communications efforts at a critical point of change; work closely with HR and other internal constituents to promote MJH Life Sciences internally and elevate the company externally as an "employer of choice."
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including Microsoft Office, social media tools, and media applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to think quickly and stay on message
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to work with a team as well as independently, and to manage and meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience working collaboratively and creatively
- Ten years of professional experience in media or public relations
- Familiarity with BusinessWire and its capabilities to oversee press release distribution and metrics reporting
- Strong creative and technical writing skills
- Strong understanding of social media
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.