Circulation Operations Systems Manager
- 2 Clarke Dr, Cranbury, NJ 08512, USA
MultiMedia Healthcare is comprised of premier platforms that range from animal health, pharma science and medical specialties. MultiMedia Healthcare is dedicated to delivering high quality, timely and trusted information through various resources that include digital and print platforms and live events. MultiMedia Healthcare is part of MJH Life Sciences, which has 8 offices globally. For more information, please visit http://www.mjhassoc.com.
MJH Associates, Inc., provides health care professionals with information and resources they need to stay competitive in their practice and optimize the quality of care for their patients. We are the preferred source of health care daily news and information and are committed to launching innovative platforms and video programming. If you strive to be an expert in your field and thrive when taking risks, then our entrepreneurial, growing company is the place to be. We focus on achieving goals through teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced environment. The ever-changing health care communications industry requires us to stay ahead of the curve to create new ways of improving quality of life through health care communications, live events, and medical education. Our state-of-the-art corporate headquarters, located in Cranbury, New Jersey, promotes collaboration among employees to develop new ideas to keep MJH Associates, Inc. as the industry leader in health care communications. We offer our employees countless opportunities for on-the-job training and professional development, and the ability to make a difference in the health care industry. We strive to create a culture that values dedication, hard work, collaborative events and community involvement.
The Circulation Operations Systems Manager is responsible for system administration, reports and support for the primary print/digital publishing system for advertiser production/billing, audience circulation and book product fulfillment. Works with third party vendors to maintain system and data integrity for MJH controllers, publishers, sales, audience development and finance teams.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database management, reporting and analytics (70%)
- Responsible for understanding and managing the primary system used for print/digital publishing. The system is Elan and has various components including but not limited to: Magazine audience fulfillment, advertiser billing, book product fulfillment, and accounts receivable.
- Serves as the primary interface between business and the print/digital publishing system by supporting the loading and updating of data files.
- Assist in the set-up of new publications in the print/digital publishing system.
- Writes ad hoc queries and manipulates data into a report format for data analysis, audit and analyzes the output against other reports, understands source data and how to compare it to other system reports.
- Develops and enforces control systems and utilization tools used to improve overall system productivity. Utilize scheduling tool to monitor system performance related to report output and timings.
- Receive and monitor all incoming helpdesk requests and requests for system enhancements as well as for all new users and provide system access and respond to requestors.
- Support all internal and external teams in use of systems and provide training documentation.
- Participates in group meetings to review analyzed data and provide recommendations accordingly.
- This role supports both the Life Sciences Group and a small segment of the Connect group, auto and license markets.
Vendor and Inter-Department Data Management (20%)
- Coordinating the collection of data files including most current demographics for scheduled database refreshes, and enhancements for both third party vendors and use by UBM.
- Data manipulation including data translation and converting data into different layouts and file types; xlsx, csv, txt, dbf that are required by third party vendors who import our data files.
- Complies and maintains report/analysis of the data files that are used to track fluctuations in counts.
- Frequent communication with third party vendors regarding revisions to data files.
- Attends trainings as required by department.
- Performs other duties as needed to support the department.
- Four-year degree in computer information systems, business or accounting or equivalent in experience, combined with at least four years related work experience in operating systems.
- Experience with operational system process improvement and operational excellence.
- Previous experience with the Elan system is preferred.
- Individual must be highly organized, motivated, and self-directed with strong analytical, computer and interpersonal.
- The individual should be proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as proven analytical skills, have the ability to quickly learn and apply new software packages, HTML knowledge preferred
- Team player with a passion to build and maintain positive relationships with the ability to work in a fast-paced evolving environment
- Outstanding problem solver with excellent customer service skills handling matters in a courteous, professional and timely manner with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Limited travel via ground and/or air up to 5%
MJH Associates, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. All employees of MJH Associates, Inc. are employed “At Will.” This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.