Email Security and Support Analyst
- 225 W Washington St, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
MessageControl is a cybersecurity start-up in Chicago providing human layer email and messaging security. Our innovative technology protects users from phishing, spoofing, fraud, and other types of attacks.
As an Email Security and Support Analyst at MessageControl you’ll be leading our efforts to investigate malicious email messages and protect users. You’ll use our proprietary software and the latest techniques to respond to sophisticated email attacks. Depending on the situation, you’ll also work closely with our Sales Engineer to help troubleshoot various email configuration or delivery issues. And as an important member of the engineering team, you’ll work with developers to design new security features.
- Identify malicious email messages using our proprietary, state-of-the-art tools.
- Notify client security operations teams when messaging attacks are positively identified.
- Partner with our Sales Engineer to answer customer questions and resolve issues.
- Work side-by-side with engineers to develop new strategies for defending against email-based attacks.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to understand customer needs and provide support.
What you bring to the team:
- Technical knowledge of email protocols, modern web applications, DNS, networking, and cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with security concepts such as defense in depth, encryption, and attack surfaces.
- Great oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with both office-based and remote team members, as well as customers.
- Tenacity to drive challenging projects and tasks to completion.
- Literacy in HTML, PHP, and Regex.
- Comprehensive ability to troubleshoot and remediate complex issues.
- Ability to document and diagram technical processes and workflows.
- Time management skills and the ability to self-prioritize.
- Curiosity about the techniques used in phishing/malicious email campaigns.
- A passion to stay on top of security trends, experiment with and learn new technologies.
- Ability to learn quickly in a loosely structured, rapidly changing work environment.
- Higher education degree preferred in a security, technical, or related field.
- Experience managing Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and G-Suite is a plus.
- Relevant security certifications.
- Previous experience at a quickly growing SaaS company
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability.
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function.
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop.
- Onsite gym.
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment.
- The ability to have significant impact every day.
- This position is onsite at our office in the Chicago Loop. We're not offering remote employment at this time.