Backend Platform Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Every month sales teams around the world send billions of emails, make countless cold phone calls and “reach out” on LinkedIn to as many people as they can. But response rates are low so companies turn to software to scale their outreach - this increases output but not necessarily warm responses.
At Mesg.ai we believe there are better ways to engage with potential customers and we’re building technology to help sales teams timely communicate and add value to every conversation.
We're backed by Antler VC and just raised additional funding from some of the best angel investors in our industry. Over the coming months weʼre doubling down on improving the product and market traction to be ready for a Seed round in 2022.
- Using Go to write gRPC and REST APIs used by our web app and browser extensions.
- Developing new functionality and extending existing features for our serverless event-driven platform.
- Improving observability and monitoring of the 50,000+ public news events we identify every week
- Building on top of existing integrations with other platforms such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Salesloft and Outreach.io and creating new integrations with salestech used by our customers
- Using AWS technologies including Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, Step Functions, SQS, Athena and more to build highly scalable architectures.
This position is a great opportunity for experienced software engineers with a background in the likes of Python, Ruby, Node.js or Java looking to apply their existing skills and learn and use Go in a production microservices environment.
Strong competency with a language such as Go, Python, Ruby, Node.js or Java - you’ll learn Go on the job and be able to use your existing experience too.
You structure code for scalability, performance and testing
Experience writing and consuming RESTful or RPC APIs
Experience with container technologies
Production database experience, bonus points for experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
Building continuous integration and deployment pipelines
Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS and Athena, as well as tools such as Terraform and Serverless
Experience designing, building and managing distributed event-driven services
Knowledge or experience of data engineering; tooling, processes, architectures, libraries
You'll receive a competitive salary.
A share options scheme that is open to all employees.We’re offering 25 days vacation (plus bank holidays).
We provide a generous equipment budget and every employee has a personal training and education plan.