Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Program Manager
- 800 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
DWA is now part of Merkle, a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
DWA is looking for a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Program Manager who is comfortable under pressure and in fast-paced working conditions and thrives in an environment where performance is paramount. The ideal candidate will bring to the table a high level of campaign creation and management experience, as well as team building and training. You will manage and optimize paid media campaigns, including SEM/PPC, display/GDN, and remarketing, with the goals to increase conversions, optimize for target CPA goals, and efficiently increase leads for our key clients. You will also have opportunities to provide strategic insight on campaigns, as well as improve internal processes and structure.
What We’re Looking For in a Teammate:
- Inspirational and passionate
- Has a multidisciplinary skillset
- Is curious, iterative, and collaborative
- Balances factual information with intuition and creativity
- Cares about winning as one team
- Is looking to do things that haven’t been done before
- Can tell stories with data
- Builds strong internal and external relationships
- Develop and manage key client relationships, which requires calls and meetings
- Responsible for effectively managing various client accounts and budgeting requirements
- Responsible for the planning and strategic development of campaigns and account structure
- Capable of delegating and leading a team of SEM Analysts, who act as a support team for SEM Program Managers
- Report and communicate results/ideas with clients and also share with the SEM team, promoting team growth
- Develop strategies and oversee and execute initiatives to increase paid media traffic
- Ownership of structure, tactical direction, optimization, budget pacing, and efficient lead production
- Research and communicate competitive landscape of specific products in the paid media market using 3rd party tools such as SEMrush, Google Keyword Tool, and Google Trends
- Run A/B test experiments on landing pages and text ads to produce the best conversion rates for clients
- Stay up-to-date with new search trends and test flagship and/or beta products for strategic accounts
- 3 - 5 years of paid media experience, including search marketing (SEM REQUIRED; Display and Remarketing are pluses)
- Experience with e-commerce, PLA’s, RLSA and GTM a plus
- Certifications: Google AdWords Fundamentals, Search Advanced, Display, and Marin. Certifications are not required but must obtain while employed with DWA.
- Verbal and written client-facing experience
- Possess strong analytical skills and industry presence, as well as innate curiosity and aptitude
- Familiar with enterprise management platforms for SEM and Display, such as Marin Tools
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, or similar field preferred (MBA is a plus)
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.