Senior Media Planner
- 800 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Media Planner will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination, execution, and management of media plans. He/she will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of client businesses and ensure all client media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
The Senior Media Planner will play a leadership role on the team, reporting to the Media Supervisor, and will be responsible for helping supervise the day-to-day workflow of the media planning staff on specific accounts. He/she will also work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strong and effective media plans based on sound strategies and research
- Cross check plans and all supporting documents (spec/TI sheets, IOs, billing docs)
- Formulate, write, and present campaign/media recommendations
- Oversee day-to-day workloads of Media Planners and Assistant Media Planners and assist in their training and development
- Utilize 3rd party research tools to develop target consumer profiles and identify strategic buying opportunities
- Maintain a deep understanding of client business goals and marketing objectives and translate them into digital objectives/strategies
- Manage all aspects of the media plan execution, including issuing insertion orders, tracking spec development and implementation, custom unit production, and billing reconciliation
- Work with Analytics team to monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimize campaign performance
- Remain abreast of the overall media marketplace and what opportunities are relevant to clients
- BA/BS degree (4-year college)
- 4+ years in media management, including 3+ years with digital planning team
- Possess demonstrable experience working in both B2B and B2C environments, as well as specific client experience within the technology sector
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Be detail-oriented, very organized, able to multi-task, and able to work well under pressure
- Articulate, intelligent, and credible individual, who is a self-starter and keen to make a difference in a growing business with existing clients
- Have experience with research resources, such as @Plan, Nielsen/NetRatings, and AdRelevance, as well as other research/planning tools
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.