Client Service - Account Director
- 85 Devonshire St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 6,600 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Associate Director – Account/Project Management supports the management of day to day the relationship with our B2B Technology client for which we are their Media Agency of Record, in partnership with the VP/Account Director and Media Directors. This individual also orchestrates operations across functional teams (e.g., Strategy, Analytics, Search, Programmatic, etc.) who will help identify, drive, and implement solutions for our client. This role is approximately 40% Account Management/60% Project Management, however the balance can shift depending on client needs.
Associate Directors are expected to establish and maintain a strong partnership with the client by ensuring successful execution of deliverables, providing thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, and providing overall efficient account management. The role is focused on flawless service and delivery on client projects.
They also possess a deep understanding of their client’s business and are able to interpret and lead client discussions on current engagements and new opportunities. Likewise, they support client growth by ensuring key program goals are met and collaborate and lead others to provide best in class work.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements
· Proven track record of creating happy customers. Own overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of the clients. Accomplished by driving successful delivery of work product and cultivating strong client relationships.
· Proactively manage the business, supporting staffing and resource management, financial reporting and forecasting, solution development, marketplace and thought leadership to ensure client work is efficiently executed and delivered flawlessly with an eye on growth.
· Consistently demonstrate financial acumen through ensuring revenue and profitability targets are met on accounts. Likewise, ownership of billing and reconciliation both internally and managing budget accruals for clients.
· Maintaining holistic status documents across all projects both for the internal team and all client stakeholders (Media, Digital Marketing). Ability to multi-task and work within a fast paced environment.
· Developing and managing timelines for recurring deliverables like media plans and QBRs, as well as new projects as they’re initiated. Included is identifying/managing dependencies and serving as a liaison with the client and external creative partner agencies.
· Solid understanding of digital media strategy, planning, analytics and digital marketing. Familiarity with of all key channels like Search, Programmatic, Social and objectives like customer acquisition, and performance media.
· Orchestrate cross-functional planning and client delivery across agency capabilities including strategy, media planning, search, analytics. Assist development and presentation of media plans, QBRs and agency POVs.
· Ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· 6-8 years of client services/account management in a media and/or digital marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side (within client vertical a plus). Client side experience must include a similar role
· Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar accounts with strategy, analytics, digital and creative components.
· Experience working for B2B accounts, or within a B2B brand, understanding relevant client challenges and business trends for B2B tech industry segments/products
· Bachelor's degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.