- 1160 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
We’re looking for an energetic and media savvy Account Manager who is interested in developing their career in media and advertising. This individual will be highly competent in integrated planning and communications strategy and will maintain a current POV on evolving media landscape, emerging technologies, and marketing trends. They will have fluency in ROI measurement and analytics, along with experience in programmatic buying, online video, mobile advertising, social media, digital brand tracking, and content marketing/native advertising.
The candidate will also be skilled in relationship management across a highly cross-matrixed client organizational structure. Superb communication skills are essential, as well as high emotional IQ; ability to articulate complex subjects compellingly; and deliver opinions, recommendations, and proposals with confidence, authority, and gravitas.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Work with teams to develop and activate media strategies for clients and serve as a continual source of creativity in approaches
· Develop compelling business cases to support investment and inform measurement
· Oversee and approve channel buys, campaign monitoring, and media optimizations, managing the team’s delivery across integrated planning, activation, optimization and reporting
· Project manage the to ensure key stakeholders understands overall goals, audiences, strategies, KPIs and budgets
· Provide proactive leadership to media teams, oversee training and development, and mentor staff, coaching to excellence on all media/digital strategies
· Stay ahead of industry trends, digital tools and platforms and know how they are most effectively used to achieve business goals
· Understand how media KPIs connect to client business outcomes and partner with analytics capability to deliver advanced measurement strategies and actionable insights to drive optimized decisioning
· Serve as counsel to senior client contacts and develop strategic solutions to address their challenges
Articulate and apply agency vision and resources to both internal team and client
· Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing preferred
· 5+ years of industry experience in digital marketing in an interactive agency
· Excellent understanding of the media business and its day-to-day operations ($20m+ budgets)
· Strong track record in B2B technology accounts, understanding relevant client challenges and business trends for B2B tech industry segments/products
· Good understanding of all aspects of direct response marketing and testing
· Solid understanding of key marketing channels (email, web, direct mail, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent English
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Results oriented, customer focused, team player, and leader
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and exercise sound business judgment
· Ability to be engaged on multiple projects, topics and priorities to align with client strategic objectives and roadmap
· A self-starter with ability to multitask and experience working in a fast-paced environment
· Strong client relationship skills are required; experience presenting information to large groups is highly desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.