Paid Social Director
- 125 S Clark St, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
DWA Media is looking for an exceptional Paid Social Media Director for a recent client win. This individual needs to be an expert in all things social (paid/owned/earned) and can bring this experience to life across their team and the client partners in an impactful way. Think you have a unique set of skills that can be leveraged in this leadership role? If so, please see below.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading client strategy across all aspects of social (Paid/Owned/Earned). They have overseen all aspects of Paid Social planning and activations, are current with industry best practices and understands the importance of audience first planning. Key to this position is an analytical acumen to ensure that success is measured in the right way and provided to our clients in a succinct and actionable manner. The role requires a passion for delivering outstanding media strategy and working to develop and lead a highly engaged, highly effective team.
- Must be both strategic and hands on, serving as a partner to teams across the agency.
- Must be a nimble, dynamic and poised leader who can understand the various marketing challenges that our clients face, while empowering reports to think creatively and strategically across all lines of business.
- Must be an inspiring and dynamic manager that can mentor and develop a strong team while bearing accountability for all deliverables and work produced by the team.
- Will also assist with building and maintaining processes and efficiencies for agency-wide collaboration (Media, Analytics, Account Management, Insights & Planning, Social Strategy, Community Management and Creative).
- Will work across regional/global teams – growing the practice from both a current and new client perspective.
- 7+ years of digital and integrated media experience; leading teams, communicating directly with clients
- 3 years managerial experience; overseeing a team of employees at a media or full-service ad agency
- Active listening and patience; leader who strives to understand client concerns and speak with authority on how to address them
- Digital expertise (most critical); strong background in mobile
- Experience across all media (SEM, Social, Print, OOH, TV) desired
- Experience leading a high-profile account
- Use of media analytics, strategy and holistic media solutions
- Experience working on clients who are comms plan-driven; ability to translate comms strategy into media approaches
- Experience leveraging and managing vendors and platforms
- Experience crafting POVs and presentations to ignite and innovate client's business
- Ability to grow/expand existing business and participate in new business pitches and department-wide initiatives
- Ability to lead and nurture a team
- Persuasive storytelling and relaxed presentation abilities
- College degree required, preferably in marketing or business
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.