- International House, 1 St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 1YL, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
The Strategic Director will work with the EMEA team and Global Strategic Partner to drive strategic performance and innovation for Oracle. This involves working closely with the Account Management team to build a trusted relationship with clients and designing strategic solutions for their business as required. As such, this role requires strong understanding of marketing themes including audience management, cross-integration, branding, biddable medias and analytics.
The Strategy Director will work closely with the Strategy and Media teams in EMEA as well as Globally. These staff will represent delivery support, and in turn the Strategy roles will be nurtured and trained by the Strategy Director where required.
The Strategy Director will take a prominent role in the local industry and promote the agency’s credentials externally. In addition, they will assist on new business projects as and when required.
The Strategic Director will direct the delivery of strategic efforts for Oracle, and contribute to the thoughtful evolution of the account and associated media delivery based on client requirements and needs. They will have the expertise and gravitas to form senior strategic client relationships, and to work with the best elements of the wider Dentsu network to deliver a required ask. They will have the ability to direct work, deliver new thinking and act as a Strategic roll-up on all work delivered across the regions.
The Strategy Director will be supported by the Strategic and Media Partners, and other account staff, to deliver the following responsibilities:
Integrated strategic delivery:
- Understanding the company and their associated challenges/opportunities. Ability to define thinking around competitor sets and market landscapes. Understanding the client personas and customer journeys
- Ability to direct research products and services required to deliver insights required. Able to work within related tools and support global teams to deliver insights
Media specialist direction:
- Executing against client marcomms asks, for example audience sizing, budgeting, brand positioning and Adtech/Martech alignment
- Campaign architectures, for example structuring campaigns across brand, product and demand
- Direction of media strategies and global projects into regional counterparts
- Work with the Strategic Partner to direct and contribute to significant campaign strategies required within the account. This includes global to local, brand and demand activities.
- Directs the roll-up and global view of core, corporate campaign strategies across the Oracle business
Understanding and driving client success:
- Ability to direct required KPIs and measurement techniques to set up for success
- Direct on implementation and adaptation of technology required to execute and report on such strategies whether it be internal or client owned platforms
An effective and trusted manager:
- Able to collaborate with members of the Strategic and Media teams to deliver consistent, market leading work for Oracle
- A nurturing and positive mindset when working with colleagues to foster collaboration and innovation
· Business Acumen: a solid understanding of the B2B technology category, with business experience to notice where strengths and opportunities lie
· Listens: able to listen to the right people, and get to the heart of the business problem
· Holistic Thinking: sees the big picture, but able to understand data and the details that lead to insights. Able to cross-pollinate ideas to create something new
· Prioritizes: ability to distill information into powerful ideas, and recommend priority projects or approaches for the business
· Curious: the drive to ask questions and look for the new in everything, driving innovation and new ways of doing things
· Trusted Partner: able to build confidence with client and partners, to become a trusted member of the collaborative team. They deliver what they say they will
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have strong experience related to strategic planning
- Broad understanding of the wider advertising and marketing ecosystem, and related context of media within that ecosystem
- Ability to articulate and educate clients and team members on digital strategy, trends and challenges
- Experience liaising between advertising, media and technical analytics and operations professionals to ensure alignment
- Demonstrate keen sense of telling a story with data from planning to strategy and post campaign analysis
- Excellent quantitative skills, including strong analytical abilities and math proficiency
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter