Marketing Analytics-Senior Analyst
- 7001 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MARYLAND
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: Columbia, MD is ideal but open to consider someone in any of our Merkle East Coast office locations.
The Marketing Analytics - Senior Analyst will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop analytic solutions for business issues. Serves as a resource within area of expertise and provide guidance to more junior team members; may lead small teams on a project basis.
Perform analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Customer profiling
- Segmentation Analysis
- Data Analysis and Mining
- External Data Enhancement
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to future and existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with SQL required
- Experience with SAS or Python or R required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- - Ability to identify areas for statistical innovation or process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Possess core database marketing knowledge such as understanding of Merkle and client data, relational database concepts, and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Understanding of overall CRM analytics including digital, direct mail, and email
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field plus several years' experience in applied disciplines;
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or CRM marketing
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.